FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:12 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
One of my SWUs just cleared. (yay!)
I was able to change my seat, but I get the notice: ! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

I dread the idea of being on hold for hours -- do I really need to call?
It depends on your risk tolerance. The chances are that this is just some automatic message generated by even routine modifications, such as your upgrade, and that re-issuing the ticket is not at all necessary. But given all the things that can go wrong these days with UA, I'd suggest getting it cleared up by calling Reservations.

My own experience with that message (IIRC it was for the same situation, an SWU upgrade cleared) was that the first time I called the CSR told me not to worry about it since the reservation looked fine. But still a bit concerned and noticing it was still in the record a couple of weeks later, I called again and the CSR cleared it up in about five minutes so that it was no longer in the record (with no need to re-issue the ticket).