FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:45 pm
onlybeef42

Originally Posted by meecal
Their website still explicitly states it is good for remainder of year earned. I would fight it tooth and nail if they pulled that stunt on me. I already have my CP though. Earned it mid-March. Didn't have any issues getting it for this year. Actually used it a couple times already, without a problem.
I think I'm double posting and I am not sure what the rule is. I am going to put the info from the WN thread here too.

Originally Posted by onlybeef42
Both!! I even played CS roulette.

Companion Pass qualification will be based on a calendar year. A Companion Pass Member will maintain his/her Companion Pass for the remainder of the calendar year in which status is earned, and the entire calendar year immediately following. To continue their Companion Pass privileges, Members must re-qualify each year. (For example, a Member who earns a Companion Pass on July 15, 2011 will maintain the Companion Pass for the remainder of 2011 and all of 2012. Beginning January 1, 2012, the Member must complete 100 qualifying one-way flights or accrue 110,000 Qualifying Points by December 31, 2012, and upon doing so, the Companion Pass will be extended to December 31, 2013.)

They claim that though the bold is unclear it somehow means that you can earn a CP today but cannot use it until 01/01/13. I am still on hold but this is crazy!
Originally Posted by onlybeef42
I know. That is why I was so amazed.

The first 1-800 CS said sorry no CP for 2012. The second tried to make it work and her manager did too. They sent me to the Dallas line. The Dallas agent they said that I was quoting a special 2011 only which was do to the RR1 to RR2 a switch which changed the rolling year qualification to a calendar year.

I begged and pleaded and they made a "special exception" for me which took about 45 minutes. Maybe something switched due to the end of Q1.

I just wanted to let everyone know my experience, and the possible policy change.

PS - Moderators please let me know if I am violating a rule and which thread I should use. Thanks.