FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by express3
I've had a citi aa gold mc since 2009. For the past couple years, when its time for the annual fee, I call to cancel, but end up keeping the card b/c of what has been offered to me. I also have the citi aa amex which is linked to the mc. I did have the citi business with the 75k (opened 10/2010 and cancelled b4 annual fee)

Now, I want to get in all these offers, but not sure of what route to take. I want to cancel both existing personal cards (AF hits May). But when should I apply???? After reading the thread, I believe you have to wait 18-24 months to be able to get the bonus again. Does that mean, after I cancel I have to wait the same time?? Should I apply for the Business card again (50k, $150 credit) first and do the 2 personal a few months after I cancel or vice versa?? I've been trying to hold off on applying only b/c I have gotten the citi hilton, delta amex,chase marriott&the priority club along with the continental & united business cc--^^-all between end of Oct 2010-beginning of Jan.

Any advice??? Thanks!!!
Read the first post and the post linked there, and follow the instructions. That's what I did, and it turned out great.