FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:11 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I applied and was approved recently for both a Citi AA Visa and a Citi AA AmEx, using the 50k bonus after $3k spend offer. After activating the cards, I asked the rep which bonuses applied to the cards, and was surprised that, in addition to the ones I was aware of, I also get the 10% miles back (and the first free checked bag and priority boarding, meaningless as EXP) as well as the $100 AA discount per year in which I spend $30k (if I'm going to spend $30k I'd rather do it on the HHonors or SPG AmEx and get elite status).

So, it seems I have most of the benefits of the new card on both of my newly-opened Citi AA cards, in addition to the 50k for $3k spend and $100 statement credit after first AA purchase and double miles on AA purchases in the first year. The rep didn't say anything about the 25% discount on in-flight purchases.

On one of my cards, the rep said I also had a benefit she had not heard of, "some sort of certificate with a lot of acronyms" (she put me on hold to ask a supervisor what this was, but I accidentally hung up when I tried to put the call on speaker).