FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you value your family's safety and pets please read
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:24 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I hope your dog recovers nicely, and is good as new in no time.

That said, I also agree with all of the others on all accounts, from the large text/bolding to that it isn't the hotel's fault.

I know lots and lots of pitties and sheps that are giant babies and would never do anything to injure or kill anything, other than perhaps to try to kiss someone to death.

It's not the dog that's usually at fault, it's the dog owner who is at fault. The owners usually don't have the dogs on leashes, or treat them poorly, or try to toughen them up so they are aggressive, or any other number of things the owners do to cause dogs to attack.

It's not just pit bulls or sheps or other "bully" breeds, but any dog. I have a big baby of a husky mix and a big baby of a Doberman mix, but last night, almost lost fingers to a jug. The only danger anyone is in with the husky mix is that she might jump on you and nail you in the crotch, or might think you're a sled and pull you if you have her leash. For the Doberman, the only danger is that he might lick you to death, because he likes to groom everyone. That said, a friend's jug mix darn near took my fingers off yesterday when she attacked her toy a bit too enthusiastically. She's also called an ankle-biter for a reason, as she views ankles as fair game.

redreeper's post is spot on, in that you need to look at recovering your damages from the responsible party, which is the dog owner, not the hotel.

Just as a side note, unless the owner of the dogs confirmed that they are American Pit Bull Terriers, there's a good chance they aren't, as many dogs look similar to pit bulls, but aren't. Take a look at this site for a good photo demonstration of that.