View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 12, 2:22 pm   #5
Hoyaheel

Programs: Delta Silver (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7e7US View Post
The good thing about it is that, if your flight is TATL and you pick the right fare class (W or S), you can upgrade to Business Class for 15,000 miles + taxes, assuming that the flight has availability for business class upgrades and Delta fixes the current issue that prevents them from booking J awards on AF.
We flew PV for the first time in Sept - my husband loved it. I might have created a monster (he doesn't sleep well on planes - and I don't earn enough miles - or money- to do business class) To upgrade with the 15,000 miles from W to J - do you book on AF then (try) to get Delta to upgrade you? Or book through Delta in W class on AF metal and then try to upgrade with miles?

I've been trying to research international mileage upgrades and just the Delta/KLM/AF complications make me want to tear my hair out and run for the bottle of cabernet, so.....All advice appreciated

OP - we booked Premium Voyageur for the ATL-CDG leg of a flight that took us to Athens, and back from Venice. I got lots of my CDG transit advice on the Flying Blue board, and info on the PV seats etc. Many people don't like the seats, but most comparisons seemed to be against business class seats. Well sure they're not going to be that good. But for us -the seats were enough better than coach for my husband to sleep the entire TATL portion of the trip, which has never happened before. And I liked the extra arm space, plus the 2-4-2 configuration we had is really nice for couples.

We were in the intra-europe version of PV as well, but that really isn't anything special - do get some lounge access but we didn't have time to take advantage of it because of our connecting flight.
Hoyaheel is offline   Reply With Quote