FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad New York Downtown {US-NY}
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:56 am
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
For those who haven't been to this location, JDiver linked in one of my posts when this property was an Embassy Suites as post #3 in this thread:

Interesting bit of post

Now, while the status info is over a year old, the topography of Lower Manhattan hasn't changed much. This part of Manhattan has elevation changes as well as the challenge of dealing with the ongoing construction of the Freedom Tower and going east from the property will definitely have you climbing up some grades. Not terribly steep ones but you'll be going uphill.

If you and your family are used to walking everywhere, Lower Manhattan will be fun. However, I'd look at the weather when you plan to go since summer in the city can be brutal - once things heat up, everything concrete as well as the subways re-radiate heat and humidity will also affect everyone.

David
Good points, especially re the weather. Even if you do like walking, long walks with an infant in the summer heat and humidity could be tough. You can always duck into a restaurant, cafe or museum to cool off, but especially with the baby it may not be the same as having the hotel room in easy reach. I guess it depends on how you feel you and the child will be trekking around in the heat (if in fact you're going during the summer).