FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Better to use US based or SA Based TA to plan trip
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:31 pm
worldiswide

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
[QUOTE=jsnydcsa;18259380] I have a slightly different take on your question and thus a slightly different response.

Not to sound xenophobic, but you'll have the benefit of an American's perspective on the experience. Much the same way I'd want to talk to an American travel agent QUOTE]

Thanks very much for your thoughtful responses. Ive been debating about how to proceed this since I typically dont use travel agents, especially US based since you pay additional middlemen for the same services. Im a little concerned about the benefits of an American's perspective on travel experiences, since Id like to feel that Im not the "typical" American traveler or even the typical safari traveler. It would seem that if I am looking to make sure I have the same comforts and experiences as home, I havent fulfilled what travel is supposed to be for.

Based on all that has been posted, Im definitely leaning towards going with a SA based agency - Im looking for a mix of city both Capetown and Joburg with an emphasis on historical sites, victoria falls, with a few days of safari. If you have recommendations, please advise.