FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PROMO] SPG Better by the Night (through April 8, 2012)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:35 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
The Mastercard Promo 2 days of Happy is a bit of a lark. Over the years this promo has got worse and worse. I recall having to only stay 2 nights to get 1 free, then it was 3 nights to get 1 free and now they want FIVE nights to get 1 free and then another 4 nights to get another free. The list of redeeming hotels was a lot LESS than the list of earning hotels for that promo too. In Sydney the Westin was the only hotel where you could redeem your free nights, out of the 3 Starwood hotels.

Really not impressed that Australia as a continent is continually left out of the GOOD promos, the SPG credit card deals for nights/stays towards status earning etc etc

I highly doubt we will see double stays any time soon for those who are wishing for that. Given that Starwood now have the Lifetime levels of Gold and Plat and double stays seem to mess up whether you made it to Plat/Gold if you got there via those promos. Its a shame, because I really like double stay promos .

Does anyone have data about how this promo is posting? I have a 2 night revenue stay and then a few nights on points at the same property. I check in before the end of the promo period, but I check out after the promo period ends. So in that case, will I be lucky enough to get any double points out of this?

Last edited by Downunder girl; Mar 23, 2012 at 8:51 am