FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report Philippines: One night Peninsula Manila and 12 nights Amanpulo
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:53 am
Musken

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Musken, you spoke about food & restaurants. What about prices (food & wine)?
It may seems a stupid question, but how does it work when you're in villa?
The prices for food a were similar to other luxury resort, i.e. more of less similar to what one would pay at for example Sveti Stefan which I know you have been to. Portions generous, though, so we ended up ordering fewer items than normal once we got to know that. Wine costs not as high as the Maldives, but almost. Think the cheapest bottles would be starting at around 60 euro if I do not remember wrongly. High quality wines, though. I found soft drinks and cans of beer from the minibar to be priced above "normal", I think it was 6 euro for a can of diet Coke and 8 for a can of San Miguel beer.

I fully understand your question about the villa meals; I was also wondering what they would charge for private meals that had been cooked especially for us with no menu to choose from. We actually asked to see an overview of our bill after two days in the villa just to have a look at this, but were very happy to find out that these meals were not priced any higher than eating in any of the restaurants. Meals in villa would be family style (to share) and it was always possible to ask for a bit extra of whatever if we would like. Very much like at home, just much better if you know what I mean.

Beach bbq was more expensive, but totallly worth it.

I have not looked at the total bill, so I cannot give you any more specifics, try to aviod thinking about that

Originally Posted by vincentb89
What a fantastic report ! Going to Bali for the Aman Bali journey this summer but this kind of reporting makes me (and my parents) long for Amanpulo !
Oh, I am sure that Bali will be wonderful. Bali is my favorite island, since it has so much to offer in terms of culture and nature and great food on top of the relaxation, pools and beaches and the Amans there are excellent and the service is great as well. We have been to all the Indonesian Amans except Nusa (thinking of going to Nusa for the first time and back to Kila next winter, actually), and even though I say that service at Pulo was the best ever, the Indonesian Amans are just a tiny little bit behind, just talking details here. You will love it!

Last edited by Musken; Mar 22, 2012 at 5:07 am