FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight changes
Thread: Flight changes
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:00 am
eightblack
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ung1
Eightblack, I don't expect any compensation for being on a 777 instead of a 380. What irritates me is the fact they changed my flight (not just put me in F on the same flight), without telling, let alone asking me.

And I do think it is reasonable for one to expect compensation for something the airline did to suit its own convenience. I think the situation is similar to being denied boarding and being asked to take another flight.

I've sent them a note, as the data privacy issues are particularly worrying. What if I was someone famous? I'll see what they get back with.
Lets be reasonable here.

You paid for a ticket. And the airline has fulfilled it's obligation. The reasons are also obvious - in the sense that EK made a decision based on a safety directive (with the A380's out for inspections)

I didn't expect any sort of denied boarding compensation for the exact same flight I took a few weeks ago.

Yes, the data privacy issue is fundamental - but it shouldn't matter at all whether if you were famous or not. A breach is a breach.

My view is that you're being completely unreasonable with expecting compensation. If you get it, all well and good though...