FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:50 pm
Red_Rob

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by thach1ef
Why are you trying to compare 1k's to 75-99k's? That's apples and oranges.
It's not comparing 1K's to 75-99K, but rather to PMCO 75K+ (including those over 100K, sometimes >200K+). I.e. I was comparing the experiences of top elites from each program.

This has nothing to do with upgrade rates at all. It's much more simple than that. The upgrade process now puts MANY other people ahead of me on the upgrade list as a 1K. That is a 100% without question, negative change for 1K's in regards to upgrades.
Of course it has to do with upgrade rates. If we were upgraded 100% why would any of us care what the upgrade rules are. I for one care deeply about upgrade rates. I would contend that were you sit on a list gives no satisfaction to most people, but sitting in 1st class does.

As I think a bit more about the issue it may also be related to legacy equipment used. With 16-20 seats in first, the rare Kettle using miles, etc isn't a real problem, but when you only have 8 first class seats on an Airbus it would have been a much bigger deal (from a top tier elite perspective)