FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:33 pm
thach1ef

Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I stated that
A) PMCO upgrade rates were good for Plats
B) New UA should be better (than PMCO Plats)
I was NOT comparing overall to PMUA.

Basically the rules are the same as PMCO, but as a new 1K you rank ahead of many legacy Plats (75-99K). Given similar rules, and a more exclusive status, upgrades should be better (than PMCO, which I mentioned were pretty good).
Why are you trying to compare 1k's to 75-99k's? That's apples and oranges.

The likely big losers for upgrades are PMCO fliers from 75-99K. Winners are PMUA fliers from 75-99K and PMCO fliers at 100K plus.

If you have data showing low upgrade rates (relatively) for PMCO Plats historically, that would obviously negatively impact my hypothesis. My upgrade rates for a few years as a PMCO Plat (before I made Pres Plat) were around 85%. With most missed upgrades in Dec-Feb (should be Decc-Jan going forward) when elites were inflated before some fell off the rolls.
This has nothing to do with upgrade rates at all. It's much more simple than that. The upgrade process now puts MANY other people ahead of me on the upgrade list as a 1K. That is a 100% without question, negative change for 1K's in regards to upgrades.