FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - March Merger Madness
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:21 am
DocTravel

Programs: UA 1K
March Merger Madness

Doesn't it feel as if they will need a much longer time,perhaps a month or more for the "smooth well planned merger"?

Most shocking is the inability to have the website function properly, such as:

Mystery Reservations still sitting on your account nearly 2 weeks later.
Some prior canceled reservations coming back from the dead.
Reservations that will not book fully.
Upgrades with a SWU that require you to now call as it does not work on the site.
Best is the lack of visibilty of where we stand on the upgrade list upon checking in online.

I was told today that the could not find my name on the upgrade list as a 1K already checked in. They then said well you will not show or be on the list because we cut it off at 20. I was very surprised at that comment and floored that in that market and time a day a 1K would not show on the list at all due to a random cut off number.

Seems most of these issues are tech related and should have been fixed a long time ago.

As far as upgrades go, well, this is what happened on a flight today thus far:
Not one of the 3 segments shows an upgrade as a 1K as of flight time. I am starting to think that with the oversupply of Elites and undersupply of seats if you are not GS, you have a slim chance of an Upgrade (Auto or SWU).

I have heard reports of offers to upgrade for a certain dollar amount but have not had the offer myself.

Also, a bit surprised that my regional upgrade request sat for 2 months for the flight without ever clearing and that was while all the seats were showing open at the time on a 757 (EWR -SFO).

At the kisok check in I had an offer for $200 for a flight that may be oversold. Declined for numerous reasons but that offer is well below what has been offered in the past at $400.

On a funny side note, the phones in the Untied Club at EWR still all say CO

I will be sure to fill you in on today's adventure if there is anything else news worthy.

Cheers