FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:21 pm
Joeinpdx

Just Got The Upgrade Screwing Also

I'm a 1K and my partner Gold. The new system is supposed to give us both the same priority (1K) if we stay on the same reservation. Flying PDX-SFO-EWR. Of course nothing cleared in advance even though there were upgrade seats. I just checked in online and it split our reservation in two, upgraded me on the PDX-SFO flight with no waitlist on the SFO-EWR flight. My partner was put on the waitlist for both flights at the gold status which is now worthless. Called 1K desk and was on hold for over 30 minutes. The agent was from the original UA and said she doesn't know what to say anymore. Everyone’s upgrades are being screwed up. She could not even look at the waitlist to add me or adjust status. We will now be at the mercy of the airport personnel that are also ready to walk off the job (I really feel for them). Someone at UA's head should role for this but other than the frontline employees no one seems to care. This 1K has just about had it!