FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What!!! Complimentary Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:13 pm
NickP 1K

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Strom
This sounds like good advice. However, my experience buying a B fare yesterday (myself through CO.bomb) was that the final page *before* purchase completion asked me which legs I wanted to upgrade, I had to manually check the box next to each leg, and then my actual ticket showed 'United First (ON)' (for a trans-con 2-cabin). As you said, I ensured PN had availability on EF before booking and looked for the 'U' Instant 1K Upgrade icon+label beneath the fares. So, it sometimes works if you're willing to pay ...

I suspect the difference is that your ticket was booked via corporate trave vs. directly on the web site.
OK so it seems if you purchase on United.com it will do the Instant Upgrade prior to ticketing - Good to KNOW (Yes we can put out helpful now whining posts!)

For my Agency issued ticket when I clicked Instant Upgrade on the res process was the same, I had to MANUALLY select the legs; my original message intent was to ensure people knew these are NOT automatic upgrades. They are Instant confirmed but NOT automatic.

My record still shows PN for two cabin transcon Wonder why the difference - were you within your CPU clearance window anyway? I wasn't

OP: DO you mind changing your thread title to "What!!! INSTANT Upgrades only clear for YBM fares within the window" See alot of people going off original Y/B/M Upgrade topic

Last edited by NickP 1K; Mar 13, 2012 at 10:26 pm