FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guest policy for Sky Club access w/ the Skymiles Platinum AmEx card
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:40 pm
timothyp_787

Programs: DL Silver
Guest policy for Sky Club access w/ the Skymiles Platinum AmEx card

Anyone know for sure what the guest policy is when accessing the Sky Club using your Delta Skymiles Platinum AmEx? I can't seem to find a certain answer from either the Delta or American Express websites, and a quick search on FT didn't turn it up.

I have a DL Skymiles Plt AmEx, and I typically access the Sky Club by taking advantage of the $25 one-time visit fee available to cardholders -- it's usually just me on the trip. However, tomorrow my wife and I are flying down to Jamaica for my brother's wedding, and we have a 3-hour layover in ATL. Also, my parents, who are also going, have an almost identical itin even though they're originating from a different city -- they arrive in ATL at the same time as us, and all four of us are on the same flight to MBJ. I think the Sky Club might be a nice treat for everyone.

I've never tried to bring in guests using my DL Plt AmEx before - the Delta site indicates with the AmEx, it's $25 per vist, with up to two guests. However, I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the guests have to pay a $25 fee as well. But I can't find that clarified anywhere.

My plan was to have my wife purchase a 30-day membership and I'd do my usual $25 thing, but if I can bring in 2 guests at no additional charge I'll have to rethink my strategy.

Anybody have any idea?

Also...I know this question has to annoy the heck out of the "they Sky Clubs are too crowded now that they'll let anyone in" folks on this board. Sorry.