FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why won't my reservation ticket??
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2012, 9:06 pm
mherdeg

Programs: UA 1K
I usually ask: "Hi, I'm just calling to check on the status of a reservation. I have the confirmation code whenever you're ready. OK, it's {the PNR spelled out in NATO spelling alphabet, e.g. tango hotel echo papa november romeo}. Yes, that's the one! I just wanted to call to double-check that it is in a ticketing queue." If they push back, "Can you please check just once more? I usually ticket within an hour of purchase unless something is wrong with the record."

Recent problems have included: (1) flight was a codeshare on a partner and needed to be "confirmed" by them, then after it was "confirmed" all my saved payment information was deleted from the record and the reservation never would have ticketed if I hadn't called; (2) award flight on a partner carrier experienced a "schedule change" immediately after booking (erroneous schedule data?) and after it was accepted all payment information was deleted and it never would have ticketed. Have never seen an all-CO or all-UA flight take more than a few hours to ticket, but would not at all be surprised if it happened.

Wasn't instant ticketing great? I really miss being able to buy an international flight and instantly confirm an upgrade.