FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of making the switch to United from Delta
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:09 am
BucksAllDayMkay

Thinking of making the switch to United from Delta

Hello everyone...

I am currently a Gold Medallion member with Delta based out of Denver (used to be Platinum but just recently got relegated). Due to me living in a hub (I used to live in the southeast), I have been thinking about switching to United for quite some time. I have a few questions for anybody in the know.

1. Does your Gold 50k mile equivalent really mean anything in the way of upgrades, or has this merger made it difficult if not impossible to ever get upgraded? I'm sure certain routes like SFO-JFK and the like are pretty much not happening for anybody under 100k, but are some of the other shorter-haul routes out of Denver a possibility? United has offered me equal status with them if I fly a certain amount of miles within the first 90 days.

2. Are there any plans to bring wifi on board for United's fleet anytime soon? This is a major advantage for Delta in my opinion.

3. Is the United Explorer Visa card currently the best one out there to accrue United miles, perks, etc?

4. Are you eligible for upgrades on ANY Star Alliance network carrier? For instance, would I be on the list for US Airways?

Thanks in advance for any advice/information!