FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help on transfering from ICN to GMP
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:51 am
Doug_1970

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by alfrie
A friend of mine is considering an itinerary that requires ICN-GMP transfer, so excuse me for resurrecting this thread.

The routing is CTU-ICN (12:20am-4:50am) and connecting to GMP-HND (8pm-9:45pm), both on OZ. She would like to use the long layover to have a one-day tour in Seoul. From discussions above, my friend needs to collect baggage at ICN and arrange transportation to GMP. We do have some concerns about the transfer: Will she be able to check in both flights at CTU, meaning getting BPs for both flights(we know baggage won't check thru)? If she has to check in at GMP to get BP and drop baggage, can she do that in the early morning for an evening flight?

Thanks in advance.
Why do you think that you won't be able to check the baggage through? I regularly fly LHR - ICN - TSN, which requires an overnight layover in Seoul (of around 18 hours). I always check my luggage through to TSN and have never had to collect it in Seoul.

I have also flown PEK - GMP/ICN - LHR, and my luggage was checked through all the way then, so it can't be anything to do with the different airport.

As for transport between the two airports, as others have posted there is the train of the bus. Both are fine, but avoid the train if you have a lot of carry on luggage. There are numerous buses outside that will go to Gimpo, just go to the ticket counter (there are two of them just outside the terminal) and ask them which bus stop number.