FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An example of excellence: trip on BA 85 3 March
Old Mar 4, 2012, 5:39 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
An example of excellence: trip on BA 85 3 March

Had a brilliant trip yesterday with BA, throughout the various stages, that remind one...when BA get it right, they really get it right.

At T5 yesterday, there were plenty of check-in desks manned for all flight classes and the person greeting us at a CW desk was friendly, polite and efficient. On to the GF lounge and again, the desk staff greeted us with a smile and welcome. Fast track was truly fast without delays...Even the lounge serving staff came and took our food order in the dining area very quickly and seemed genuinely pleased to be busy and dealing with customers. I think this early afternoon period may be less busy but still, everything went like clockwork.

On arrival at the gate to board, they were strictly enforcing priority boarding and although we decided to wait to board and it being a full flight, this all happened very quickly and was well organised. At the door to the plane my wife and I were warmly greeted by name by the CSD and as 'returning exec club members...thanks for flying with us'.

We were very lucky to have been Op-Up'ed (WT+ to CW) and the flight was full in WT, WT+ and CW...not a spare seat to be seen anywhere in these cabins...however, the crew were simply brilliant. I did not hear anyone having to get their second choice for a meal or being told that a certain selection was not available (at least on our LD CW cabin) and we were at the back of that!

The food and service were punctual with crew going around several times to top up drinks and ask if anything was needed...truly great.

The CSD came around at one point and stopped to say she saw I was a GCH and just wanted to say thank you for flying with them and she hoped that everything was as it should be?...small touch but still very nice.

My only issue on the the flight was the cabin temperature...I like it warm but wow...I would have slept comfortably in just a pair of speedos in that heat!

Cabin crew were great in that they let us sleep through afternoon tea and happily provided some tea for us when we did get up just before we started to descend.

Bags came out fairly quickly and priority tags at YVR do seem to work!

All in all, a fantastic day with BA and a great example of how they are trying and succeeding at improving things across the board.

Well done will be sent as well on ba.com

If all the flights were this good and consistent, there would be no competition!

^^