FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tango fare on TATL??
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:19 pm
ACB777

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Tango fare classes are N, G, P, E and A. The W and T fares you see should be Tango Plus.

Your Tango fare would earn 50% status miles on the international segments and 25% non-status on the domestic segment.
This isn't really addressing the OP's question, although does address the common misconception of no status mile accumulation on international tango fares.

I have a recollection of this happening a few years back, very occasionally, on some international routes. Random T fares offered with T+ being cheaper. I always assumed it was a technical glitch or something within the fare structure that extended beyond AC.com and simply showed up as an anomaly on the web site.

The TPAC Tango fares are annoying and I will simply fly on US/Asian carriers in Y with a good sleeping pill to Asia instead of buying up to T+ with no guarantee of an upgrade. If I buy a discounted J fare, it will not be on AC out of principle. If AC chooses to foolishly do this on the TATL routes, they will similarly lose my business in that direction as well.