FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Munich [MUC]
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:07 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by matt in france
1. I'm not sure that's really a downgrade, to be honest, I prefer the E190 to a NEK'ed 320 as far as comfort goes... But yes, Bus gate is probable. It shoul drop you at one end of the Terminal, as a non-Schengen arrival. If you're on time, there should be time to stop by the Lounge, though.
2. Pass...
3. It's not Security you have to pass, it's Immigration, which obviously for a longhaul departure, you won't need to go through.
Thanks, matt in france

1. Well, I did say downgauged, not downgraded! But, yes, 1x1 seating in C class is an improvement on those silly NEK seats. I was wondering whether the non-Schengen arrival buses drop you at one end of a pier (long walk) or right under the central terminal area (pop upstairs)

3. Why do you need to pass through immigration for a non-Schengen to non-Schengen flight? You definitely need to re-clear security for many connections in MUC (my main bugbear is that non-Schengen to Schnegen drops you right back at main security with all the departing passengers instead of a dedicated transfer security facility), but I just wondered if UK security was considered to be good enough that secondary clearance was not required when connecting to a non-US non-Schengen departure (as would be the case if you were arriving from many Schengen points)