FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - philippine airlines service
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:37 pm
Mabuk dan gila

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Not too shabby! The reason why they serve Coors, Colt 45, Carlsberg or Manila Beer/Beer na Beer is because the owner of Philippine Airlines owns the brewery (Asia Brewery) that has licensed or created those beers in the Philippines.

So...it's not really un-classy to do so in Business Class...it's just business. I mean if you own a brewery, you might as well serve that beer to your passengers instead of buying others right?
The funny part is outside PR flights or in the lounge in MNL I have never seen Colt 45 in 12 ounce cans before. I didn't even know you could get it that way. Around Southern California Colt 45 is usually only found in 40 oz bottles or 24 oz cans. Both Colt 45 and the Manila Beer they serve are 7% alcohol so they pack about one and a half times the kick of an ordinary beer so I guess that keeps the passengers happy.

Currently Lucio Tan is very actively courting San Miguel's deep corporate pockets to take a 49% ownership position in PAL and give it an infusion of cash. So I imagine the beer selection may be changing before too long if that deal actually goes through.