FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for upcoming NYC stay?
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:10 am
Cannabear

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Cool Advice for upcoming NYC stay?

I will be enjoying a few days off in New York in mid-April with an old college roommate. We've got tickets to a concert at Radio City Music Hall, but will be seeing other things as well.

My only NYC Hyatt Stay has been at the GH at Grand Central - good experience, but I was thinking of trying either 48Lex or Andaz 5th Ave. I've read the review threads on each, done the other usual research with the photos available on hyatt.com, etc. What I'd really like is some opinions directly comparing 48Lex and Andaz 5th Ave (and GH, why not) from those who have stayed at all the properties. I'm intrigued by photos of the 48Lex Terrace Studio, but the Andaz 5th rooms look interesting as well.

Basically, if you've stayed at these properties, where would you go for a few days of (fun, not destructive) rock-and-roll lifestyle? Am I correct that neither 48Lex nor Andaz 5th have all-day complimentary snack options comparable to the GH Grand Lounge?

This will be a points stay, so probably not an opportunity to use an upgrade cert, etc.