FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:58 am
NYCtraveler

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
This is ridiculous!

So let me get this straight.....I have not been able to book any CX reservations OR change existing reservations with this glitch for the last 9 days now....That is NO ACCESS to CX award tickets. Why has nobody said anything to One Worlds third largest member? And why has CX not made any public announcements?

They are converting to their new system and apparently did not spend the resources or time to think it through and get is set up correctly? An Error if you will? Or perhaps they just put their time and resources to the areas that bring in revenue...typical business practice.

What happens when we as a traveler have errors? WE PAY! We pay to change and re ticket and move around flights etc.....but now that Cathay has what I consider a major breakdown that is affecting all of us....we are told to wait? For how long? for what? For a miracle? Cathay Pacific as an airline should be embarrassed, because I always think of them as having their technology down pat....or at least I did?

As a major flyer on both AA and Cathay metal, let me just say this is not acceptable and I am waiting for an email from them apologizing and offering discount for booking mileage tickets on CX as an apology for their errors. I know I know.....I might be waiting for quite a long time however it is my belief that when we are pay pay paying for everything these days....CX should step up to the plate when they have screwed up.

IMHO.. Safe travels to all!