FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying TG BKK-DXB, no UAE visa... experiences?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:58 pm
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by blue2002
Hmmm... Perhaps I am not communicating clearly. Let's try again: I am eligible to obtain the TRANSIT VISA on arrival at DXB. I have received anecdotal evidence that some airlines are boneheaded about this issue and don't recognize the said eligibility. I am trying to find out whether I should expect TG staff at BKK to recognize my eligibility to receive the said transit visa on arrival at DXB.
I understand your issue and I'd certainly want to avoid shelling out CND 500 for visas. But I'm not sure you will be able to get a timely on-point answer from a Canadian passport-holder who has travelled on this itinerary on TG. And even then, TG staff response may change from person to person and day to day. Consistency is not one of TG's strong suits for anything. I doubt calling TG and asking will produce a definitive response that you can be confident won't change, but you could try.

Is it possible to contact Marhaba Services--and maybe have them scan/fax some sort of transit visa-on-arrival issuance assurance that you could print out and show TG? A long shot.

Other options include doing nothing and gambling you will be allowed on board, or changing routing to avoid DXB. Yes I realize there are potential costs with the first if you gamble and lose, and definite costs with the second.

Last edited by jiejie; Feb 26, 2012 at 7:04 pm