FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX awards with AA waitlisted - CX awards system down
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:54 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last evening (HK Time 02/25 about 8:45 in the morning) I was able to ticket a reservation initially placed on 2/15, extended on 2/20.
reservation has shown confirmed on CX site from 2/15 with the new Amadeus PNR. So it may make it much easier to ticket.

Agent's first words on the request of ticketing the reservation were: Oh boy, when did you make the reservation? He wanted to check with supervisor first and got the OK to ticket it. E-tickets arrived in an hour. Travel is on 03/07. So it is more than 5 days out from the date of ticketing. However, it has been a confirmed reservation by CX since 02/15, right after the weekend of the system upgrade before further bugs surfaced. It has been sheer luck that I have caught the brief window when CX's new system was able to accept request from AA automatically.

I had BA awards traveled on CX that the e-tickets issued prior to the system upgrade, were not recognized by CX Manage My Booking at all, claiming the reservation did not exist. Fortunately in another area I was able to find it and even able to OLCI. This system upgrade has been a huge mess - it is quite unexpected when it is coming from such a well-regarded airline.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 26, 2012 at 8:42 am