FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do with miles due to expire soon? [merged expiring miles Q&A]
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:13 am
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Question What to do with 22k miles due to expire end of March [merged expiring miles Q&A]

I used to fly LH/BD frequently, but haven't now for a number of years, and am left with an 'orphan' 22k miles in my M&M account which are due to expire at the end of March. I thought I could take another flight to extend their validity, but on reading the T&Cs last night, I was confusing them with other airlines, and it seems use them or lose them. A quick search last night didn't show much in the way of flights - I could do a one way EDI (where I am based) - LHR in J on BD if I can find availability which would spend about 17k, leaving only 5 k to expire, but that's really all I could see to do with them, and given that 22k came from a J flight to Asia, it doesn't seem like a very good use of them

Anyone more versed in M&M can offer any better suggestions, to make sure they don't go entirely to waste? Thanks if you can.