FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on getting to 200k UA miles
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 12, 4:28 pm
drbobguy

Originally Posted by timbuk View Post
I'm planning on taking a trip with my wife summer of 2013 and am aiming for 200K UA miles to get two roundtrip biz class tickets to Europe. I currently have around 50k miles from the Explorer card bonus, plan on getting another 50k via the Sapphire Preferred. After those, with a rough spend estimate I'd get to ~120k total in about a year. So, 80k short of the goal. The kicker: the wife's not so enthusiastic about signing up for new cards, so the more I can keep her from having to do so, the better.

Any bonuses I'm missing out on? Any more 100k-type bonuses coming down the pike? I appreciate the advice, thanks!
You can get 50k UR points from the Ink Bold with $5000 spend in 3 months (which seems to be about your limit for spending).

You can also get 30k Freedom points which (as of now) transfer to UR points by signing up for the freedom card.

There is also a 32k Amtrak offer and if you spend $200 on Amtrak travel in the calendar year you can transfer Amtrak points 1:1 with United... actually now that I look I think this may be impossible since the beginning of 2012.

Sadly these are all Chase, if this were last summer you could have signed up for the Amex Plat 100k offer and gotten it all in one app.