FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CO Domestic F dinner meals
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:24 am
FragranceMarketingGuy

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Same: Last Night EWR/SEA

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Had same meal as week before on IADSAN: Chicken Cacciatore or Canneloni...with 1 less entree to choose from and the overall meal downgrade it feels like I am more or less eating the same thing. They must only rotate meals once a month but I could have sworn there was more variety in the past.

Crew was good and had the chance to chat with them for a while and ask them about the service changes. They said this was the first transcon they worked this month and they actually called catering on the ground because they thought with only two entrees they were catered wrong. Told them about the changes and they said while it makes the service for them easier (fewer courses to prep), it definitely was embarassing given the length of the trip and the market to be serving something similar to a mid-con.

Also found it interesting that there was a guy in 3B who would ring his call button every 10 minutes or so for water refills...FA's said that it was typical of the UA FF's to do this. The F/A's did make it a point to come through about every 20 minutes or so I did think it was sort of obsessive or the guy could have at least got up.
Same offerings last night from EWR/SEA. Why even bother putting a morsel of smoked salmon on the tray? It was so insignificant. Had the Canneloni, not great, not the worst. But, the Chicken looked disgusting. Same old ice cream sundae. Very underwhelmed .