FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CO Domestic F dinner meals
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:24 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Here is my report from a FLL-IAH flight.

We had a choice between a chicken salad or chicken wrap - no change from before.

Instead of bagged nuts served with the beverage, we received a small (and I mean small) ramekin with warmed nuts. This is a step up, but geez, what's with the size issue here?

The meal came with what I can only interpret as a demitasse of soup. The bowl shrunk, and even then it was barely half full - the quantity was incrementally more than the BusinessFirst appetizer demitasse. The quality changed - less flavor, more watery. This was not a step down, but a major stumble.

The chicken salad was different - less chicken, but more lettuce and new vegetables. The overall quantity was larger, even with fewer and smaller chicken pieces. The salad was served with two packs of dressing and a bag of croutons that were so big and hard, I was afraid to crack a tooth. This was a small step up (more quantity), but a bigger step down (less chicken), and an overall step down because the reduction in chicken is nothing but a nickel and dime exercise and is off-putting.

No dessert served with dinner, but prior to arrival, a fresh baked small cooke (white chocolate and cranberry) was served - I say this is a neutral thing. A step up would be a plated dessert. A step down would be no dessert....but there was a reasonably sized fruit bowl, which some people might consider a decent dessert...so I guess the interpretation is up to the individual here.

I had the cold plate before, and it was served on my IAH-LAX segment. Overall the new cold plate is a step up - more (and healthier) protein, the pasta is somewhat decent, you still get cheese and crackers and the old brownie from the CO dinners....and some fruit. Now why can't they take the chicken breast from the cold plate and put it on the dinner salad? Who knows.

So far, I can say there is no reason to light torches...but I have a FLL-DEN flight coming up next week which had a different dinner option under CO...I'll see what changes are afoot there.