FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Champagne not replenished on Asia turn-around to Canada
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:01 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YVR guy
Granted this is not an earth-shattering issue. But when you're paying thousands of dollars for a J class ticket, you would expect certain standards of service.

There is a reoccuring problem with champagne not being replenished on Asian flights returning to Canada I recently flew from Korea (ICN --> YVR) and had one glass of champagne. Strangely enough there were no offers to refill my glass once empty. So when I requested, the FA returned with a bottle of Kenwood sparking wine (yuk).

The explanation was that during the outbound flight from Canada, more champagne was consumed than usual, therefore only 1 bottle was left for the return flight to Vancouver.

1) Since when did they stop warehousing catering supplies in remote stations? Surely they don't carry the full stock of wine for the return flight, on the outbound flight.

2) Even if they did carry champagne stock for both directions, they should reserve 3 bottles for outbound and 3 bottles for return. You don't dip into the return stock prematurely!

The in-charge FA was apologetic to say the least. And he confirmed this has been a regular occurance lately. How unprofessional is this practice. Has anybody else experienced the same problem?
I have never paid for a revenue J seat. I always use eUGs (though if it's a SE heavy route like HKG-YVR, then I will fly CX as I know that the chances on that route are not good.)
So at most it would cost me 300 or so of my own money (my boss pays for the lowest fare on the airline of my choice) to sit in J.

I have also flown on AA and even with their bankruptcy getting champagne in F/J isn't an issue to me.
(Though I like Glenlivet!)