View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 12, 12:03 am
platinumboy

Programs: QF Platinum, EK Platinum, HH Diamond, 1865 Voyager, Accor Platinum, Virgin Gold
Voyager here...

Hey, I'm a new FT'er and glad to see a post about 1865 here.
I'm Voyager (Gold) and usually stay at Langham Place in HK or Langham Huntington in Pasadena when in LA.

I agree about the vagueness of the Destiny program... but I do know (from doing some work with the hotel), that they do a daily ranking of all guests in the hotel on any given day, and during this process, they flag status. I was told I was the 4th highest ranked one particular day... which must be based on stays, not nights, or general status.

I have found the service at LP HK fantastic... Use of Club L - complimentary pressing of shirts etc on arrival as well as the usual water, chocolates and now and again, soft drink.

Not sure about the luggage tag - I haven't really ever seen any benefit from that.

Pasadena is less impressive, although a nice old hotel - the Americans haven't quite embraced the eastern service philosophy which the WHQ are pushing from HK.

For a few stays a year, you're pretty much guaranteed to retain some upgrade status which compared to other programs, is a fairly small investment.

They have just undertaken a massive round of research from their current members to re-evaluate the program... It'll be interesting to see what happens.