FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL Upgrades using Skymiles and SWUs on Air France/KLM
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:15 am
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by j.bell
The first four agents insisted that 1: it must be an AF marketed flight and 2: it must be in AF W or AF S class - not DL W class (the DL W fare was price equivalent to the AF A fare, which is no longer eligible for upgrade; AF S and W were very expensive). After booking the DL marketed flight in W (online) the fifth agent was happy to take what I booked and change it to be AF, but still in W (even though AF W fares were much more expensive than what I paid).

Two agents now have insisted that there is no manual reissue process. Maybe I will try again tomorrow. The flight isn't until June and there is still plenty of O so I am not terribly worried. Except that AF.com shows me both in a premium voyageur and affaires seat.... but the exact words from the agent regarding that was "sometime air france is just... To be left to its own devices for a while" (I suspect that AF is holding the premium voyageur seat until the ticket is successfully reissued, at least I hope so)
Well, in terms of fare it really is about who operated the flight. Even if it's DL ticket stock and DL coded, if it's W it's valid for UG. I've bought two tickets in the past few months on DL 006 stock on DL coded AF operated flights showing W fare basis, eligible for UG.

The no manual reissue process BS really annoys me. DL's agents continue to be ridiculously uninformed about this process. I have complained over and over about this as I continue to have issues when agents tell me that "it will be taken care". I've posted my woes here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ocedure-3.html

For me I supposedly keep getting lost in the queue to do manual UG's. Either way, the previous poster is correct. The ticket MUST be reissued, the other agents are just telling you they don't need to reissue now, that the manual reissue desk will take care of it. But IME, the only way to make sure it is headache free is to have the agent call the reissue desk and to have it done before you get off the phone. When your SWU is shown as closed, you have a new 006 ticket number, and your ticket details in your PNR show O class (not your PNR itself, but when you click "Details" by the ticket number and the pop up box shows O) then you are good to go.

If you are showing O and W at the same time, you should be good to go regarding O space as DL correctly is holding that. But until it is ticketed it isn't guaranteed that AF or DL might drop that status, hence have it reticketed ASAP.