FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:51 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Why? You were just arguing that we need "consistency" when TalkBoard voted to count OMNI posts. Now you want to segregate certain posts? How is that "consistent"?

Not to mention that there ought to be a waiting period to see whether "Games" posts are even an issue with regards to inflated post counts. Even if they are, why the level of someone else's post count matter to you or anyone else?
I've explained it many, many times.

It was the counting games that got so out of hand that Randy just stopped counting Omni rather than deal with the abusers.

There were a few people counting all day and all night, and people from outside of Omni were complaining that when they clicked on "new posts" all they got at the top were Omni counting games.

So he shut off posts counting in Omni. Guess what? The abusers stopped counting.

My inconsistency comes from that experience - and I think I posted this before - those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In a status conscious community, particularly with titles being granted for the number of posts one makes, allowing those types of threads to exist is just asking for it.

That is my only reason. I would much rather see the moderators of Omni simply not permit them. I wouldn't care if a few counting games that have long existed and actually say something in them besides a number, were allowed to remain. They were never a problem. But the mods have already said they will not consider counting post padding, so that's why I'm for segregating games and not have them count.