FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sitting in F
Thread: Sitting in F
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:23 pm
HeIsAudiHereUnlessHesFlying

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
Sitting in F

Ever have that "un-elite" person in first. The one who acts like they own the world in F class but who we all know either feels incredibly entitled all the time or has never been in first before and thinks they now own the world?

My first time in F class, I kept thanking the FA for taking my coat. Eventually, she told me that it was normal and in fact " it just part of my job". I thanked her again. This was 3 years ago.

Yesterday, in F class, I had some guy who kept trying to talk "business" with everyone around him. Said his jet was held up in another state so he was forced to fly in a "normal" (he actually did use this word to describe) plane. Also kept talking about how it's not that expensive to have a private jet "it's only about $15 mil a year" he said. I rolled my eyes and gave a sarcastic smile to the FA who in turn, laughed, excused herself and took the opportunity to refill my glass.. which was still half full.

He kept talking to the FA about this and that. I think he took the FA's kindness and willingness to listen as her giving a $*#& + he was in 1C.

As I got off the plane I thanked the FA when she handed me my suit bag. She responded, "of course Mr. MPMember. Thank you for flying with us". I shot back with "Well, I'm sure during this flight, you probably wanted to switch places with this bag."

She responded.. "Sometimes but ya know, it's part of our job." I thanked her again and walked off the plane.

Thank you UA FA - your grace is admirable. Thanks for putting up with all of us - good, bad and new.