FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International carryons: Which Tumi vs B&R? (Or do I even need one?)
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:59 pm
N1120A

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by JakiChan
Are they the worst? I have no immediate plans to travel on them - even a 5kg bag would only give me 2kg worth of stuff. Not much.

I might be able to eliminate them and assume I'll have to check things if I travel on them. But if I eliminate them is it still worth it to go with a bag smaller than a 21" roll-aboard? (I need to check the weight of that bag, for sure.)

I guess I'm still trying to work out what a good size for an "international" carryon is that's still reasonable. For a long-ish trip a carryon needs to hold 1 to 2 days worth of things plus the various things I'm not willing to check (like electric shavers, other electronic bits, etc.).

I have to say I find it frustrating that on the one hand they're trying to force us more and more to check things and on the other hand they can't seem to keep our checked bags safe from theft. I that seems like they're trying to have it both ways....
B&R gear - especially Baseline, would give you huge problems if weighed by LH. They are almost 5kg on their own.