FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:26 am
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CUZCO, PERU
I had hoped to have some time between when OMNI posts started counting and the deadline for this vote in order to gauge whether posters would 'abuse' games, or if there was a bit of chicken little going on with regard to counting game posts.

Alas, that period for observation is not forthcoming as OMNI posts are still not counting.

My feeling is that there is a lot of grey area in the definition of 'games' and that while some might just be a single poster counting, many do contribute significantly to the feeling of community on FlyerTalk (eg, Anyone Fancy a Game of Mornington Crescent, Who Will Be The Next FlyerTalk Member To Post? An OMNI Game, etc).

And ultimately I find it inconsistent to say that all posts should count...except that some shouldn't. There is no substantive difference between posting a random number in a game every day and posting 'hello, box' in a lounge thread every day.

So I voted no to this proposal, meaning I voted that yes posts in a hypothetical OMNI - Games forum SHOULD count (confusing, right!?).