FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed - Create a Games Forum under the Omni Category
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:53 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Sorry, I thought the topic was gathering up all the non-substance threads and putting them together in one place.

Seems to me that Lounge threads clearly fit in that category, and indeed the person moving the question apparently thought so, too, hence they added the caveat that (despite their apparent fit) the "TalkBoard" didn't intend that result as to Lounge threads. My rejoinder is "why not?" If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, why not treat it like a duck?
Counsellor, you know I like & respect you, but I think you should read the posts in the link that lin821 posted above in its entirety before you comment on the Omni/lounge aspect. Also, a # of the posts in the long should posts count in Omni thread, which will provide further input & history.

The original motion to have post counts in Omni took all of that into consideration, and this motion takes all that into consideration as well.

And as lin821 pointed out, THIS thread is about creating a games forum under Omni. If you've got specific input for pros/cons of a games forum we're interested to hear them, but lounge threads going into the games forum is not on the table.

Cheers.