FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed - Create a Games Forum under the Omni Category
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:48 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Counsellor
I have no problem with non-substantive threads or the people who like them; I'm just saying move them to the other side of the tracks so we don't keep stumbling over them when we look for travel-related information.
If the off-topic nature of Omni was the reason for posts to not count any longer, then I could/may agree with you. However, that's not the reason he suddenly and without warned turned off counting in Omni - it was because of post-padding abuse and he was tired of hearing about it.

This whole issue never would have come up if he just would had stopped the post padders. I can't say I've seen any board, even those as specialized at FT, that don't count their off-topic area.

But I also believe OT shouldn't be in the main forums - and that may be where your issue really lies. If you don't want to see Omni you don't have to visit - you can even have it removed from your access if you don't want to see the threads under "new posts."