FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed - Create a Games Forum under the Omni Category
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:00 am
Counsellor

Originally Posted by lin821
This motion is about OMNI Games Forum. Let's try to stay on topic this time.
Sorry, I thought the topic was gathering up all the non-substance threads and putting them together in one place.

Seems to me that Lounge threads clearly fit in that category, and indeed the person moving the question apparently thought so, too, hence they added the caveat that (despite their apparent fit) the "TalkBoard" didn't intend that result as to Lounge threads. My rejoinder is "why not?" If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, why not treat it like a duck?

Originally Posted by Mary2e
We went over that as an example of the double standard of counting posts or not counting them.

The lounge-ites went into full tizzy over it.

Hence, making Omni posts count seemed to be the only way to go so all off-topic posts are treated the same.
That's like saying that since some people like junk food we should call junk food "nutritious" on a board dedicated to nutrition or the Twinkies and soda crowd will get their knickers in a knot.

I have no problem with non-substantive threads or the people who like them; I'm just saying move them to the other side of the tracks so we don't keep stumbling over them when we look for travel-related information.