FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:22 pm
fanger

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by EmailKid
I was just going to say, saw that at least a week ago. Amazing it's still up - but probably not much longer.

EmailKid
That thing's been available for much longer than that (months), or it's gone away and come back.

For many reasons, it's an interesting case study, not least because it doesn't price on ITA.

Originally Posted by jteezy
first off.. I strongly disagree with all the ita bashing... now I understand many have been unhappy with certain unsubstantiated changes and the demise of m1, though I would truly believe itas and others’ statements implying its still fundamentally the same..
I don't think most of the power users have really claimed that they've messed with the matrix engine, just that the new interface really does add some and remove other options, and that this sometimes has real consequences for the results, e.g. 0 night stay vs. same day trip.

It's 100% clear that the depth of the combinatorial search is less now, which renders brute force searching relatively unproductive and requires more finesse in which variables to constrain to get the results you want. This of course does not require any change in the basic logic/engine and has not been denied by any ITA rep.

I realize that's probably what you're saying in your post, so I agree, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Last edited by fanger; Jan 18, 2012 at 8:32 pm Reason: Add manual multi-quote