FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glitch in mileage posting on paid flight with an e-certificate
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:13 am
epiding

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Glitch in mileage posting on paid flight with an e-certificate

Wanted to share a glitch report....

Recently i flew on a paid transcon plain vanilla IAD-SFO flight booked on United.com with an ecert (ecert used normally via the web, nothing fancy). It was a paid S class ticket. I even got a UDU upgrade to F.

a week later, the flight mileage hasnt posted. i went online to do a credit request and website said this:

"Our records indicate that this flight was on a free award ticket, which is not eligible for Mileage Plus credit."

--> this was really weird!! it was clearly a paid flight, eligible fare class, and heck i got an upgrade (which is not possible on award unless GS, which im not).

Hence i had to call Mileage Plus phone agent - who had to post it manually. agent was also really baffled why it didnt post and why the website said that. the ecert TOS also said MP accrual was permitted.

Just wanted to share this bug report. Welcome others' experiences recently earning mileage on an ecert applied ticket.