FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:03 pm
rizwank

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
Originally Posted by DrDive
There really should be a new thread. But not for that purpose...

What would happen if the top few contributors to this thread were to leave and start their own, closed thread?

I expect 3 things would happen here:
1) this thread would slow down and almost die, like over at MP
2) a very select few would use it to learn how to FD. Those people could then go join the "expert" thread.
3) tricks would not be closed down as often due to less blurting by people who don't know what they are doing

Plus the people in the "expert" thread would have a more enjoyable life without having to spend half their time answering stupid questions/censoring info/yelling at people.

/rant
I like the idea in theory but...

How would one qualify for the expert thread? And wouldn't having a locked off forum require TalkBoard's approval?

There are little communities built up over pm organically; still in code, making you work for it...

As much as it annoyed me at the start; I'm glad it was as hard to start as it was (and I'm glad to those who gave me a hand) -- required me to spend time reading routing rules and look at sites and _think_ about this.