FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Companion Voucher and Household Account
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:21 pm
GlasgowBlue

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by pauldb
You can use a Uk Amex 241 for anyone, though the website will only offer your HH account members so call BA. The rationale is that the miles are restricted but the voucher buys the second ticket and it's unrestricted.

Not sure about the US voucher but it should be the same depending on T&Cs.
Apologies for bumping a really old thread but I was just wanting to check if this was still the case.

I'm booking a trip for myself and a friend using miles and a companion voucher. My wife and myself have a household account. When trying to book on-line the only passengers I appear to be allowed to book for is my wife and myself. Is it still a case of having to phone BAEC when you have a household account and you are making a booking using a companion voucher for yourself and someone not on your household account?

Also just wanted to add a quick word about reward availability - been looking at various options for a long weekend at short notice with a friend as we have a companion voucher expiring soon and myself and my wife won't be able to make best use of it (F long-haul) due to domestic circumstances. Availability is superb as far as I'm concerned. Nice one BA.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jan 8, 2012 at 3:27 pm