FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:07 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DragonMartini
I started a Platinum Challenge a few days ago on the 4th, the day I checked in for a 9-night stay. At check-in, the desk indicated I did not show as Platinum but when I explained I was on a challenge that started that day I was given lounge access. I finally had time to check my on-line profile today and it still shows me as a Silver.

My question, for someone who has had a challenge recently, did your profile show you as Platinum during your challenge? I just need to know whether I need to call in because something has gone haywire.
First of all, yes, it can take several days for your new (provisional) status to filter in and get to the hotel and the website, during normal times. So I'm not surpirsed that the hotel couldn't see your new status when you did the challenge the very day you checked in.

However, regarding the website, something has indeed gone haywire, and it's affecting a lot more than just you and a lot more than just challanges and it's a yearly event:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ock-reset.html

The whole Marriott Rewards site is temporarily a little chronogically out of whack, telling everyone how many stays they've had in 2011 as how many stays they've had "this year".

So perhaps it won't be able to show you any new status online until they get that resolved (expected in the next week or two per other threads)?