FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I stay or should I go?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:32 am
Super Larry

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Should I stay or should I go?

Advices needed from your perspective.

I have been AC E for almost a decade, with a small interlude (12 months)to P. My travel plans were calling for anywhere between 35-40K, hence me staying loyal to AP/AC

With the new rules for 2013, obviously things are going to change, and I've read the other thread discussing it. Since I have until February 5th to select my options with AP for 2012 and n order for me to make the right decision, I've built a spreadsheet with my upcoming trips for 2012 and this year it look likes I will go over 50K. So here's the division of those miles between Domestic, US and TATL, along with the number of segments :

Domestic : 11 000 and 20 segments
US : 17 500 and 22 segments
TATL : 24 000 and 9 segments

I will also do over 28 000 miles on AC metal, hence qualifying for that rule as well. The other miles are going to be earned on *A primarly UA and LH.

I'm tempted to stay with AC/AP, however, I'd like to hear what you guys are thinking of my tentative decision, with regards to what's other alternatives are available out there.

Domestic upgrades are of little value to me. Intercontinental and TATL upgrades are far more interesting to me and so is the lounge access, priority boarding and extra lugages.

So that's my situation in a nutshell. What would you recommend me to do with that situation?