FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedited screening for troops
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:03 am
AArlington

Expedited screening for troops

http://thehill.com/blogs/transportat...tary-personnel
The measure, which was introduced by Rep. Chip Cravaack (R-Minn.), requires the the Transportation Security Administration to develop a separate process for checking military personnel when they travel. The measure (H.R. 1801) was one of nine bills signed by Obama Tuesday, the White House announced.

When the measure was approved by the House last month, on a 404-0 vote, Cravaack said speeding up their airport screenings was the least lawmakers could do for active soldiers.
I love the troops as much as anybody. Thank you for your service, go team etc.

And I don't have a problem allowing uniformed military personnel to sit in first class (At the airlines discretion) or use first class security lines etc. That's fine.

And I know it is a paint to remove combat boots at a checkpoint (unless they have the cool zipper kind).

But the military (even in uniform) should be screened like everybody else. Ft Hood anybody? The military is not immune from infiltration by radicals or people suffering from PTSD etc.

If security procedures can be relaxed for military, those procedures can be relaxed for everybody else.