FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheration Jumeirah Beach Resort Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:05 am
jaejaez

Originally Posted by stylo4444
Hmmm..confined to the spaces within the resort grounds? I'm not sure what you mean by that, I'm assuming you're thinking there's nothing to do outside of the resort itself?

In any case, this hotel is on Jumeirah Beach, close to the Marina. If you've ever been to Dubai, you know there's quite a bit to do nearby. Especially The Walk which has loads of restaurants, shopping etc. The Metro system in Dubai is also fairly decent and expanding, so it's actually quite the easy city to get around. I would say that any of the Starwood properties on Jumeirah Beach are in a good location. I'm not sure why this one in particular can be a bit stiny on upgrades, as Dubai has a lot of Starwood hotels...but then again, I would not be surprised one bit of those Suites see high occupancy from people who are willing to pay for it.
Thank you for that Stylo. Yes that is exactly what I meant.
I am not a fan of giving business to properties that try to dodge SPG rules with upgrades… having read this thread I am increasingly inclined to cancelling my booking and moving it elsewhere… though I would have liked the resort setting.

Will also drop the hotel an email to tell them why I am cancelling my res.

Any suggestions on where I can take my biz in Dubai (except GH which is over my budget this time)?